1. The Promoter of the ‘Volkswagen Clap Banner Competition’ (the “Competition”) is Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 14 093 117 876), 24 Muir Road, Chullora NSW 2190 (the “Promoter”).
3. The Competition commences at 12:01am AEDT on 27th March 2021 and closes at 11:59pm pm AEST on 21st August 2021 (the “Competition Period”).
4. Entry in the Competition is free and entries must be completed within the Competition Period.
5. Before you can enter in the Competition, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident aged 18 years or older as of the Competition start date; and
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its contractors and agencies associated with the Competition are ineligible to enter. “Immediate family” means spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or 1st cousin, whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manger, employee, officer or contractor.
Entering the Competition
6. Entry into the Competition must be undertaken during the Competition Period as follows:
a. Attendees at each of the Sydney Swans home games at the SCG will be given Volkswagen clap banners on arrival.
b. At half time they’ll be instructed to hold up their Volkswagen clap banner.
c. At one point during the game, a car will drive around the LED signage in the stadium, stopping at a randomly selected stand.
d. The camera will then randomly focus on someone in that stand, who is holding a Volkswagen clap banner.
7. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late or absent attendees, or any delays or failures in any telecommunications services or equipment.
8. There will be a total of one (1) Prize available to be won during each of the eleven (11) Sydney Swans home games during the Competition Period. Total maximum value of all prizes is $5,500. There will be one (1) entrant randomly selected by the camera operator from the crowd, during each game, who will be the winner of the prize. The location of each Sydney Swans home game is the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), Driver Avenue, Moore Park NSW 2021, on the following dates;
R2 – Sydney Swans v Adelaide Crows - Saturday 27th March 2021
R4 – Sydney Swans v Essendon - Thursday 8th April 2021
R5 – Sydney Swans v GWS Giants - Saturday 17th April 2021
R7 – Sydney Swans v Geelong Cats – Saturday 1st May 2021
R9 – Sydney Swans v Collingwood – Saturday 15th May 2021
R11 – Sydney Swans v Carlton – Sunday 30th May 2021
R13 – Sydney Swans v Hawthorn – To be Determined
R16 – Sydney Swans v West Coast Eagles – To be Determined
R19 – Sydney Swans v Fremantle Dockers – To be Determined
R21 – Sydney Swans v St Kilda – To be Determined
R23 – Sydney Swans v Gold Coast suns– To be Determined
9. Each winner will receive a $500 Caltex fuel voucher (supplier voucher conditions apply) on the day of the game. The maximum retail value of the total prize pool is $5,500.
10. Winners will be notified immediately on the spot, in person on the day of the applicable Sydney Swans game. For avoidance of doubt the prize will be awarded to the person whose face appears in the centre of the image captured by the camera person. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be announced online at https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/brand-experience/partnerships-events from the first working day following the game, for a minimum of 28 days.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from any winning of the prize and individuals entering the Competition should seek independent financial advice before entering the Competition.
12. If for any reason any element of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a similar prize of equal or greater value will be awarded to the winning Eligible Entrant in lieu, subject to any written directions made under State legislation.
13. The stated value of the prizes is correct at the commencement date of the Competition. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in value of the prizes or the individual components of the prizes. The prizes (whether in whole or in part) are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services. By accepting a prize, a winner agrees to the applicable prize supplier Terms & Conditions.
14. Each entrant, if requested by the Promoter must verify their compliance with these Competition terms and conditions prior to receiving a prize. The required verification shall be in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Any winner who does not comply with this clause will forfeit the prize.
Promotional and Other Obligations
15. By entering the Competition, you agree that in the event that you are selected as a winner of one of the prizes referred to in these Competition terms and conditions, you will make yourself available for reasonable publicity purposes related to the Competition and that (without limiting its rights), the Promoter may conduct interviews and take photographs to be used for such publicity purposes and publication by the Promoter as it deems necessary.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered by you (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of you taking part in, winning or using any of the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
18. All entries become the property of the Promoter. By taking part in the Competition, you, irrevocably assign all rights, title and interest in your entry to the Promoter and waive any moral rights in relation
to the same. You must procure all individual assignments and moral rights waivers as necessary to ensure the assignment of all rights to the Promoter in accordance with this clause.
20. Entrant understands and agrees:
ii. that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with (where applicable) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or any other social media website (unless otherwise specified); and
iii. that any questions comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to (as applicable) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or other social media website.
21. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, prohibition by the relevant authorities or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition as it sees fit, subject to approval by regulatory authorities. Any entry which is made as a result of tampering with the entry process will be invalid and not eligible to win a prize.
22. These Competition terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the law in New South Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New South Wales court