When you’re selling or buying a used car, it’s always a good idea to get it checked so you can avoid unwanted surprises. Performed by our Volkswagen technicians, the $165 Volkswagen Used Car Check covers 105 items to assess the vehicle’s current condition. This is all so you can have complete peace of mind. For full details, read the terms and conditions here, or for assessable items download sample report.
Used Car Check
How it works
Used Car Check
How it works
Getting a Used Car Check is super simple and affordable, all you have to do is book a time and we’ll do the rest for you.
We love a good deal, so on top of the condition report we’ll also include two vouchers. They will be linked to the inspected Volkswagen, so they can be passed onto the buyer.
$50 off a 4Plus Care Plan
A 4Plus Care Plan saves you the hassle when your next service rolls around. It works by bundling your services together in either a 2-year or 4-year plan. A $50 discount will be applied to the VIN of your vehicle at checkout, meaning the future owner can easily redeem online1.
1. You may book a Volkswagen Used Car Check (the Used Car Check) online through the Volkswagen website www.volkswagen.com.au (the Website) or at a participating authorised Volkswagen Dealer (Dealer) by contacting or visiting that Dealer.
2. By booking your Vehicle for a Volkswagen Used Car Check, you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions.
Eligibility and inclusions
3. The Used Car Check is only available for Volkswagen vehicles under 15 years from New Vehicle Warranty Start Date.
4. To be eligible to book the Used Car Check, you must be aged over 18 years and be an Australian resident residing in Australia. Before a Dealer conducts a Used Car Check on your Vehicle, you must pay the fee charged by the Dealer for the Used Car Check. The maximum recommended retail price for the Used Car Check is $165 (including GST).
5. The Used Car Check will cover a visual inspection or test of the applicable items listed in the Inspection and Condition Report (Inspection Report) https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/owners-service/service-repairs/used-car-check.html and also includes taking the Vehicle on a road test where the Vehicle is roadworthy and it is safe to do so.
6. Once the Used Car Check has been completed by a Dealer, you will receive:
(a) A 105-point detailed Inspection Report for your Vehicle completed by the Dealer.
(b) Two vouchers:
(i) Voucher 1: 15% off selected Volkswagen Genuine Parts® replacement parts is valid for 30 days from the date of the report and applies to brake discs and pads, air and cabin filters, wiper blades, spark plugs, toothed and vee belts, bulbs and batteries. Excludes fluids, oils and labour costs.
(ii) Voucher 2: $50 off a 2-year or 4-year Volkswagen 4Plus Care Plan purchase online through the Volkswagen website www.volkswagen.com.au. Valid for 12 months from the date of the Used Car Check Inspection Report.
7. The vouchers:
(a) are transferrable to the buyer of your Vehicle but are only valid for the periods specified above;
(b) can only be used on the Vehicle at participating Dealers and are not transferrable to any other vehicle;
(c) cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer; and
(d) can only be used with the Vehicle that has had the Used Car Check (the Vehicle’s VIN will be displayed on the voucher) and cannot be used with any other vehicle.
8. Volkswagen Group Australia (Volkswagen) reserves the right to extend, withdraw, or change the voucher offers.
9. The Used Car Check is limited to an inspection of the items listed in the Inspection Report that apply to your Vehicle. The Used Car Check does not include the dismantling or removal of any part, component or mechanism.
10. Without limiting paragraph 9, the items we do not check are:
(a) fuel contamination;
(b) the quality of repairs previously undertaken;
(c) any modifications made to the Vehicle that have not been approved by Volkswagen; or
(d) any non-genuine parts or accessories.
11. The Used Car Check does not include verification of the currency of the Vehicle’s ownership, registration, odometer reading, VIN or engine numbers or service history.
12. The Used Car Check is not a roadworthy, safety or compliance check and we do not provide you with a roadworthy certificate / blue slip / pink slip etc.
13. Certain legislation, including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. These terms and conditions do not purport to exclude any statutory rights available to you and must in all cases be read subject to those statutory provisions. Other than those statutory provisions, Volkswagen and Dealers (we, our, us) exclude all conditions and warranties which may be implied by law.
14. To the extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is restricted, at our option, to:
(a) in the case of services supplied or offered by us or authorised Dealers: the re-supply of those services; or the payment of the cost of having those services re-supplied, and
(b) in the case of goods supplied or offered by us: the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or the repair of those goods; or the payment of the cost of having the goods replaced; or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we:
(a) will not be liable to you or any third party for any claim for any loss (including loss of profits or special, indirect or consequential loss), damage, injury or death to any person or property arising out of or relating to the Used Car Check; and
(b) do not warrant that the purchase price for your Vehicle will be enhanced by having a Used Car Check.
16. Our services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a refund or compensation for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the services re-performed if the services fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
18. Where you have consented on the Website to receiving direct marketing communications from us, we may use the information you have provided to send you marketing communications. Any marketing communication we send you will allow you to opt out from receiving future marketing communications.
20. By booking the Used Car Check, you represent and warrant that all information you provide on the Website is true and accurate. If at any time we discover that any of the information you have provided is not true or not accurate, we reserve our right to cancel the Used Car Check.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the Website is your responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
22. We reserve the right to cancel the Used Car Check program for any reason and at any time.
23. Delivery times for the performance of the Used Car Check may vary based on complexity and demand for the Used Car Check. The ability to carry out the Used Car Check is subject to COVID-19 State and Federal Government public orders and regulations, which may result in wait times being extended. Your Dealer will be able to provide you more up to date advice at the time of your booking.
24. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of those courts.