"Win Summer" Social competition
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Schedule to Terms & Conditions of entry
"Win Summer" Social competition
Start: 18 Jan 2022
End: 25 Jan 2022 11:59 PM AEDT
No entries will be accepted outside this time.
Volkswagen Group Australia
ABN: 14 093 117 876
24 Muir Road
Chullora NSW 2190
Entry to the Promotion is open to Australian residents in all eligible states/territories who fulfil the Method of Entry requirements.
Details of prizes:
6x $500.00 Visa vouchers
3x $1,000.00 Surfing NSW vouchers (can be used for Vissla wetsuit and Force 9 surfboard)
1x $1,353.00 Family ticket for Big Red Bash 2022 value
Total number of prizes:
Total prize value:
Total prize pool (inc GST): $7,353.00
Method of Entry:
To enter, an entrant must, during the promotional period:
Entry mechanic: Enter by following CV (@vwamarokandvans) on Insta and tagging a friend in the comments (the friend also needs to follow CV on IG)
Maximum number of entries:
One entry per prize
The entrant can only win one prize in this promotion (except for SA residents).
A random prize draw will occur 1 February 2022 at 12:00 PM AEDT
Location of draw: Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Ltd
11 York Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Notification of winners:
Winners will be notified via Direct message on social media no later than 1 February 2022
Public announcement of winners:
The winners of all prizes will be published here: Instagram account @vwamarokandvans on 03 Feburary 2022
Unclaimed prize draw:
A random unclaimed prize draw will occur 9:00 AM AEDT on 4th May 2022
Location of draw:
Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Ltd
11 York Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Notification of unclaimed prize winners:
Unclaimed prize winners will be notified via Direct message on social media no later than 4th May 2022.
Public announcement of winners from unclaimed prize draw:
The winners of all unclaimed prizes will be published here on the 6th of May 2022: https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en.html
Instagram account @vwamarokandvans on 6th May 2022
SA Permit: T22/65
ACT Permit No. TP 22/00123
Win Summer Social Competition (“Promotion”)
“Eligible Entrants” means all Australian residents in all eligible States and/or Territories who fulfil the Method of Entry requirements.
“Maximum Number of Entries” means the Eligible Entrant can enter once per Prize and as such is eligible to win one Prize in this Promotion (except for SA residents).
“Method of Entry” means the Eligible Entrant, during the Promotion Period, can enter the competition by following CV (@vwamarokandvans) on Instagram and tagging a friend in the comments (the friend also needs to follow CV on Instagram).
“Notification of Winners” means Winners will be notified via Direct message on social media no later than 1 Feb 2022.
“Notification of Unclaimed Prize Winners” means unclaimed prize winners will be notified via Direct message on social media no later than 4 May 2022.
“Promotion Period” means the competition opens on 28 January 2022 and closes on 31 Jan 2022 at 11:59pm AEDT .
“Promoter” means Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Limited (ABN 14 093 117 876) of 895 South Dowling Street, Zetland, New South Wales 2017.
“Prizes” means prizes available for Eligible Entrants to win which are:
6x $500.00 Visa vouchers;
3x $1,000.00 Surfing NSW vouchers (can be used for Vissla wetsuit and Force 9 surfboard); and
1x $1,353.00 Family ticket for Big Red Bash 2022.
“Prize Draw” means a random prize draw will occur on 1 February 2022 at 12:00 PM AEDT at Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Limited of Level 2, 11 York Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000.
“Public Announcement of Winners” means all Prize winners will be published at the Instagram account @vwamarokandvans on 03 February 2022.
“Public Announcement of Winners from Unclaimed Prize Draw” means all Prize winners will be published at the Instagram account @vwamarokandvans on 6 May 2022.
“Total Prize Pool” means the value of all Prizes being $7,353.00 including GST
“Unclaimed Prize Draw” means a random unclaimed Prize draw will occur at 9:00am AEDT on 4 May 2022 at Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Limited of Level 2, 11 York Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms & conditions (Terms of Entry). The Terms must be read in conjunction with the Definitions. The Definitions define the terminology used in these Terms of Entry. Where there is any inconsistency between these Terms of Entry and the Definitions, the Definitions prevail. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms of Entry.
- Entry is open only to legal residents of the eligible States/Territories who satisfy the Method of Entry. Directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers (including prize suppliers) and contractors (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers and contractors) of the Promoter and of its related bodies corporate, and of the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion, including the competition permit providers TPAL (Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Limited) are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
- The Prize/s are specified in the Definitions.
- The Total Prize Pool is specified in the Definitions.
- Any prize is valued in Australian dollars unless expressly stated to the contrary.
- Any Cash prize will be distributed via EFT.
- All Prizes are valid until the expiry date stated on the voucher/ticket or by the provider of the voucher/ticket.
- Eligible Entrants agree to comply with any conditions which accompany the Prize voucher/ticket.
- Eligible Entrants agree to comply with the following terms and conditions of the Family Ticket to the Big Red Bash 2022 as follows:
a. The winner will receive a family ticket (2 x adults and unlimited children, under the age of 18 years old) to the Big Red Bash (“Event”), which includes access to early bird camping and the Volkswagen VIP Campsite.
b. Access to the Volkswagen VIP Campsite requires the winner to bring their Volkswagen badged vehicle. Non-Volkswagen vehicles will not be accepted into the Volkswagen VIP Campsite.
c. If the winner does not take the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize will be forfeited by the winner.
d. Winners are required to make their own way to the Event; travel to and from the Event, meals, fuel, accommodation and any other ancillary costs are not included in the prize.
e. In accepting the prize, the winner agrees to do so at their own risk and accept responsibility for his/her own safety. The winners agree to comply with the Promoter and the Promoter’s representative’s directions and have disclosed any injuries, disabilities, diseases or ailments or other health concerns (“health concerns”) which may affect safe participation or the ability to safely take part in accepting the Prize. The winner agrees to immediately notify the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s representatives on the occurrence of any change in his/her health or the development of any health concerns. The winner/s agree to abide by any decision the Promoter and/or Promoter’s representatives (in their absolute discretion) may make in relation to the winners continued participation or non-participation in the Prize.
- As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner (and his/her companions) must complete and sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. Neither the Promoter nor the voucher/ticket provider is liable for any voucher/ticket that has been stolen, forged, lost, damaged or tampered with in any way.
- Eligible Entrants are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize(s). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Eligible Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in entering the competition and they will not be reimbursed regardless of whether or not they win the competition.
- The Eligible Entrants must follow the Method of Entry during the Promotion Period to enter the Promotion. Failure to do so will result in an invalid entry. The Promoter will not advise an Eligible Entrant if their entry is deemed invalid.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- Eligible Entrants may submit up to the Maximum Number of Entries (if applicable).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, delayed, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted, illegible or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to omission, error, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, disruption to any communication network or medium, or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter for any reason. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize(s) will be awarded to the Eligible Entrant(s) drawn randomly in accordance with the Prize Draw details. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries (and record them in order). In the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible entrant, or if the Eligible Entrant is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize will be awarded to the first reserve entry drawn. If the prize can’t be awarded to the Eligible Entrant drawn, the Promoter will then continue this process until the prize is awarded.
- The winner does not need to be present at the draw unless expressly stated to the contrary.
- The winner(s) will be notified in accordance with the Notification of Winners and Notification of Unclaimed Prize Winners (if applicable) contained within the Definitions. Notification to winners will be deemed to have occurred on the later of the time the winner receives actual notification from the Promoter or two business days thereafter. The notification will include details about how the prize(s) can be claimed.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility where it is unable to contact winners who have not provided correct or complete contact details. If an Eligible Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the Eligible Entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to modify any entry information should be directed to Promoter.
- It is a condition of accepting any prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated.
- The winner(s) name and state/territory of residence will be published in accordance with the Public Announcement of Winners section of the Definitions (if applicable).
- If the Prize(s) have not been claimed by the Unclaimed Prize Draw time and date and subject to any written directions from a State lottery agency, the Promoter may conduct an Unclaimed Prize Draw in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Draw section of the Definitions (if applicable). In the event the Unclaimed Prize Draw takes place, the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner(s) of the Unclaimed Prize Draw in accordance with the Notification of Unclaimed Prize Draw section of the Definitions, and if applicable, the name and State/Territory of residency of any winner(s) of the Unclaimed Prize Draw will be published in accordance with the section of the Schedule entitled Public Announcement of Winners from Unclaimed Prize Draw. If a prize is no longer available the Promoter may substitute with a prize of higher or equal value subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter is not allowed to deduct any administrative costs associated with provision of the prize.
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all warranties, representations or guarantees (Warranties) regarding the Promotion and any prizes, including any Warranties which may have been made in the course of advertising or promoting the Promotion. The conduct of the Promotion or the supply of prizes may involve third parties, and the Promoter makes no Warranties and disclaims all liability in connection with any such third parties, their acts or omissions. By entering the Promotion, an Eligible Entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (including the officers, employees and agents of each) from and against all actions, penalties, liabilities, claims or demands the Eligible Entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an Eligible Entrant entering or participating in the Promotion or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- If despite the foregoing clause, the Promoter incurs a liability to an Eligible Entrant under any law which implies a Warranty into these Terms of entry which cannot legally be excluded, the Promoter’s liability in respect of the Promotion is limited, in the Promoter’s discretion, to either resupplying such goods or services as form part of the Promotion, or paying the cost of resupplying those goods or services.
- Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no circumstances will an Eligible Entrant or the Promoter have any liability to the other for any loss or damage suffered which is indirect or consequential in nature, including without limitation any loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of goodwill, or loss of business opportunity.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any delay, damage, or loss in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion not accept a particular entry, may disqualify an entry, or cancel the entire Promotion at any time without giving reasons and without liability to any Eligible Entrants, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Without limiting this the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and Eligible Entrants and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is misleading or not in accordance with these Terms of Entry or who manipulates or tampers with the entry process. In the event that a winner breaches these Terms of Entry, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Where a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute the prize for another item of equal or higher value subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value (including between advertising of the Promotion and receipt of the prize).
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability (or that of a third party involved with the Promotion) to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter’s obligations in respect of the Promotion will be suspended for the duration of the event and, in addition, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to approval of the relevant authorities.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this Promotion, Eligible Entrants agree to assign all their rights in and to their entry and any related content to the Promoter, including any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the entry and related content. Without limiting this, the Promoter may use entry content for any and all purposes including commercial purposes. You warrant that entry content is original, lawful and not misleading and that the Promoter’s use of such content will not infringe the rights of any third parties. The Promoter has no obligation to credit you as the author of any content submitted and may otherwise do any acts or omissions which would otherwise constitute an infringement of any moral rights you may have as an author of content.
- The Promotion and these Terms of Entry will be governed by the law of the State or Territory in which the Promoter ordinarily resides. Eligible Entrants accept the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts and tribunals of that State or Territory in connection with disputes concerning the Promotion.
- Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat may be used to advertise or promote the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, Eligible Entrants agree that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Snapchat; and to release Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat from all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat.
- If any dispute arises between an entrant and the Promoter concerning these Terms of Entry, the conduct or results of this Promotion, or any other matter relating to this Promotion, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider the entrant’s point of view, take into account any facts or evidence the entrant puts forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. The decision of the Promoter will be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by the Promoter.
- Authorised under
ACT Permit No: TP 22/00123
SA Permit: T22/65