Pre-loved, pre-tested and pre-perfected. Enjoy complete confidence when buying a used Volkswagen with our Certified Pre-Owned program. From thorough inspections, to warranty and financing options, it’s the added peace of mind and exceptional level of service you would expect when buying new, now available for those buying pre-owned
Pre-owned vehicles are just as loved at Volkswagen. That’s why we now have a range of convenient and affordable servicing options available for them. With the purchase of a Certified Pre-Owned Care plan, your second and third scheduled services are covered, which includes the cost of parts, labour and fluid required to complete each service interval. The best part is our skilled technicians will only use Volkswagen Genuine Parts, so you’ll know your vehicle is in safe hands.
The services set out in this Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan are provided by Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 14 093 117 876 (Volkswagen) of 24 Muir Road, Chullora, New South Wales 2190 and applies to the purchase and operation of Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plans entered into on or after the 6 November, 2020.
Please read this document carefully. It describes what is included in a Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan, what is not included (either by reference to types of issues or services) and a consumer’s rights which continue to apply under the Australian Consumer Law.
The Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan is available for purchase by retail customers, and covers the second and third Scheduled Services as set out in the Service Schedule.
Authorised Volkswagen Dealer means a dealer authorised by Volkswagen to sell new and/or demonstrator or used Volkswagen vehicles, parts and accessories and/or to perform Volkswagen warranty service and repairs on such vehicles.
Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle means any model variant that has been certified by an Authorised Volkswagen. All certified vehicles will require the completion of a 114-point inspection check and will be required to be under 5 years from New Vehicle Warranty Start Date and have an odometer reading of less than 120,000kms.
Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan Certificate means the contract of sale issued to a customer via email once the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan is purchased.
Eligibility Period means the period commencing 12 months from the Volkswagen New Vehicle Warranty Start Date and expiring at the earlier of:
(a) 3 years and 6 months from the Volkswagen New Vehicle Warranty Start Date; or
(b) when the aggregate distance travelled by the vehicle reaches 52,500km (or 70,000 km for a Model Year 2018 to current Crafter vehicle or a Model Year 2021 onwards Amarok vehicle).
Eligible Vehicle means any vehicle that is Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle and sold by an Authorised Volkswagen Dealer.
Exclusion means an item that is excluded from coverage in the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan, including any item listed in section 5 of this document.
First Purchaser in respect of a vehicle, means the person who first purchased the vehicle from an Authorised Volkswagen Dealer.
Scheduled Services means the scheduled services to which you are entitled under the Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan which cover the cost of parts, labour and fluids for the service items recommended at each Service Interval by the vehicle manufacturer. The Schedule Services are limited to the items referred to in section 3 of this document.
Service Interval means:
(a) for Model Year 2018 to current Crafter vehicles and Model Year 2021 onwards Amarok vehicles, each interval of 20,000 km or 12 months (whichever occurs first) within the Eligibility Period; and
(b) for all other vehicles, each interval of 15,000 km or 12 months (whichever occurs first) within the Eligibility Period.
Service Schedule means the official service schedule for Eligible Vehicles as set out in the Volkswagen Pricing Guide accessible at: https://www.volkswagen.com.au/app/locals/service-pricing-guide
Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions set out in this document.
Volkswagen or VGA means Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 14 093 117 876.
Volkswagen New Vehicle Warranty Start Date means the date when a new Volkswagen vehicle is delivered to the customer or is put into operation by an Authorised Volkswagen Dealer as a dealer demonstrator or service loan vehicle, in all cases, as recorded in VGA systems.
Volkswagen Owner’s Manual means the booklet that is supplied with a Volkswagen vehicle outlining instructions on how to use the vehicle.
Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan means the purchase of vehicle servicing upfront for a specific time period as stated on https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en.html, pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
Your Responsibilities means the responsibilities of the customer, as set out in section 5 of this document.
During the Eligibility Period the relevant Scheduled Service items included within the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan will be carried out for no charge at Authorised Volkswagen Dealers, subject to the Exclusions and Your Responsibilities. Volkswagen may set out at the website www.volkswagen.com.au a list of Authorised Volkswagen Dealers or otherwise advise customers of such dealers by any other means.
2. When can a Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan be purchased?
The applicable Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plans can be purchased up to the following parameters:
Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plans can only be purchased:
after the Eligible Vehicle has completed its first Scheduled Service but has not completed its second Scheduled service, as outlined in the Service Schedule;
and after 12 months since the commencement of the New Vehicle Warranty Start Date.
3. What is covered under a Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan?
The applicable Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan will cover the items in each of the Scheduled Services relevant to the Eligible Vehicle as set out in the Service Schedule. The Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan expires at the end of the Eligibility Period.
4. What is not covered by a Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan (Exclusions):
Tyre rotation and balancing and wheel alignment where required;
Repair of accident damage to any body, driveline or chassis components;
Additional maintenance due to modification from the original specification or the use of non-approved parts, fluids or additives;
Normal wear and tear consumable items requiring replacement and parts requiring additional maintenance (including but not limited to clutch linings, brake discs and pads, brake linings, wiper blades, globes of all types (including Bi Xeon and LED), fuses, trims, diesel particulate filters, catalytic converters, all belts, water pumps, tyres, satellite navigation update disks and all other parts of your vehicle that have been subject to normal wear and tear);
Items or work required as a result of vehicle misuse or abuse or as a result of the vehicle not being driven in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines;
Additional fluids and additives not specified in the Service Schedule;
Adjustments not specified in the Service Schedule;
Additional maintenance and repairs that may be recommended by your Authorised Volkswagen Dealer to suit your individual driving characteristics;
Service or maintenance of non-genuine Volkswagen parts; and
Service, fitment or maintenance of any accessories, including Volkswagen accessories.
These Exclusions will be identified as separate additional items to the original Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan price. These additional items will be supplied at such rate as advised by an Authorised Volkswagen Dealer.
Note: Authorised Volkswagen Dealers are required to advise you if an Exclusion that requires additional service or maintenance work is necessary. It is their responsibility to inform you prior to that work being undertaken and your consent should be requested and obtained before the Authorised Volkswagen Dealer undertakes the additional service or maintenance work.
5. Your Responsibilities It is your responsibility to ensure that the Eligible Vehicle is presented at an Authorised Volkswagen Dealer during normal working hours for servicing at each of the Service Intervals. If you miss any Service Interval, it can result in additional work being required which may not be included in the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan and for which an additional charge may be payable. You have up to 6 months or 7,500 km (10,000 km for Model Year 2018 to current Crafter vehicles and Model Year 2021 onwards Amarok vehicles) after each Service Interval (whichever occurs first) to present your vehicle for servicing.
You must also:
(a) comply with the instructions in the Volkswagen Owner’s Manual and take all necessary steps to minimise any vehicle damage in the event of a vehicle defect or failure; and
(b) maintain, operate and use the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and within the specified operating limitations.
6. Transfers Subject to section 10 of this document, the entitlements of the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan remain with the Eligible Vehicle if the First Purchaser or any subsequent owner on-sells the Eligible Vehicle provided that, as at the time of re-sale, the vehicle has had all necessary Scheduled Services performed.
The Eligibility Period of the vehicle is not affected by any transfer of the vehicle.
7. Cancellations and refunds Except to the extent permitted by law, the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan is non-refundable and cannot be cancelled once purchased.
8. Statutory rights and liability Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
These Terms and Conditions should not be read as excluding, restricting or modifying any rights and remedies available under the Australian Consumer Law.
Volkswagen otherwise excludes or limits all terms, conditions, warranties and guarantees implied by law or statute to the extent that the exclusion or limitation of those terms, conditions, warranties and guarantees is permitted by law or statute and would not cause this provision to be void or unenforceable.
9. Keeping your details up to date The Australian Government requires manufacturers to be in a position to contact the current vehicle owner if any recall or service campaigns become necessary. Should you change your address or sell your vehicle, please call Volkswagen on 1800 607 822 between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday (AEST) to update your address or simply complete the online Owner Amendment Form available at https://www.volkswagen.com.au/app/locals/about/contact-us as soon as possible.
10. Change of ownership Subsequent registered owners may obtain the benefit of any unexpired portion of the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned Care Plan by completing the Owner Amendment Form available at https://www.volkswagen.com.au/app/locals/about/contact-us and submitting it to Volkswagen, following the purchase of the vehicle.
Alternatively, customers can contact Volkswagen’s toll-free Contact Centre on 1800 607 822 between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday (AEST) or email email@example.com.
Subsequent registered owners will be subject to all of the provisions, limitations, and exclusions (including the Exclusions) set out in these Terms and Conditions.